Are you interested in unlocking your wireless phone? did you forget the password to your wireless phone? do you just want to learn how to unlock wireless phones? This is the post for you!
In this post, we will address information concerning “How To Unlock Total Wireless Phone”, meaning available comprehensive retail on the requirements and its offered services, etc.
What Are Wireless Phones?
Wireless telephone may refer to:
- Cordless telephone, a telephone in which the handset is portable and communicates with the body of the phone by radio, instead of being attached by a cord or;
- Mobile phone, a portable telephone that can make and receive calls over a radio frequency link while the user is moving within a telephone service area
The first known use of wireless telephone was in 1894.
Advantages of Using Wireless Phones
- Wireless networks are cheaper to install and maintain.
- Data is transmitted faster and at a high speed.
- Reduced maintenance and installation cost compared to other form of networks.
- Wireless network can be accessed from anywhere, anytime.
- Working professionals these days can access Internet anywhere and anytime without carrying cables or wires. This also permits professionals complete their work from remote locations.
- Medical professionals working in remote areas can be in touch with medical center located elsewhere through wireless communication.
- Through wireless communication, emergency situations get immediate help and support.
Disadvantages of Using Wireless Phones
Wireless communication has its own disadvantages as its advantages. It leads to security threats and data exploitation if not secured appropriately.
An unauthorized person can easily capture wireless signals that spreads through the air and misuse information that is transmitted over the wireless network.
To secure wireless signals like WPA and WPA2, one must use strong security protocols. Alternatively, you can also use wireless intrusion prevention system to secure the wireless network.
- Man-In-The-Middle attack
- IP address and MAC address spoofing
- Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack
What are Total Wireless Locked Phones?
If you’ve been using a cell phone for a while, you’ve probably heard about locked and unlocked phones. This does not refer to phones that have their screen locked, but rather whether they are locked by a single carrier or whether they are unlocked and able to work on another carrier’s network.
This means that the Total Wireless locked phones are the ones that are locked to the Total Wireless service and cannot work on other networks.
On the other hand, the unlocked Total Wireless phones can accept any other SIM card and can be used on the networks of other carriers.
What Is Total Wireless Unlocking Policy?
Customers must request this interim unlocking solution while their service is active or within 60 days after their active service days expire.
This 60-day grace period applies even if the customer’s telephone number was recycled or ported.
Things to know before unlocking Total wireless devices
There are 3 things you need to know before unlocking your phone.
There is no way to unlock a Blacklisted Total Wireless Phone
It is important to mention that if you want to unblock Total Wireless phones or phones that are connected to a carrier, you need to blacklist them.
Blacklists are lists of phones that have been reported lost or stolen. If your phone is blacklisted, it cannot be unlocked by the carrier. The only way to get a carrier to unblock your phone is to blacklist your phone first – there is absolutely no other way.
Total Wireless Phone Unlock Code
The Total Wireless phone unlock code is a PIN code that allows you to unlock your phone. To get the unlock code, you need to send an unlock request to Total Wireless or a third-party unlocking service.
Will Total Wireless Unlock on my phone automatically?
Total Wireless will not automatically unlock your phone even when the contract expires. You must send an unlock request.
To know whether your phone is unlocked or not, just insert another SIM card into your phone. If you see the message “SIM invalid” or “SIM not supported”, it will be blocked.
Using the DirectUnlocks service to unlock your Total Wireless Phones
Starting with the third-party service, we chose DirectUnlocks and we just couldn’t recommend it more. For about $28 (prices vary slightly depending on your phone model), you can easily unlock your phone.
This is also a hands-on experience, which means the pros at DirectUnlocks do everything they can so you don’t have to!
- Step 1 – Go to DirectUnlocks’ official website and use the lists to select your country and the network your phone is locked to.
- Step 2 – Locate your phone’s IMEI number and enter it in the space provided. You can find this by dialing *#06# or by looking in the Settings > About menu.
- Step 3 – Confirm the model of your device which will be detected automatically, enter your email address and then click Unlock for a SIM card.
- Step 4 – Then check the box to agree to the terms of service and click on one of the payment options. Follow the on-screen instructions to make payment and complete your order.
- Step 5 – The delivery time is different for Android phones and iPhones. They usually deliver the Total Wireless Android phone unlock code within 6 hours. For iPhone, they unlock it instantly within 24 hours.
Your alternative method of How do I Unlock A Total Wireless Phone is to contact your carrier to unlock your Total Wireless phone. Be warned that while this is just as effective as a method, the process is not as smooth as if you decide to use a third-party service.
Specifically, with Total Wireless, there are a few criteria that you must meet as outlined in the Unblocking Policy.
Steps to send the Total Wireless unlock request
Follow these steps to send a Total Wireless to unlock request:
- Step 1. Find your phone’s IMEI number. You can dial *#06#.
- Step 2. Call Total Wireless at 1-866-663-3633 and provide the required information (usually the IMEI number). They will check if you have permission to unlock.
- Step 3. If you have permission to unlock your Total Wireless phone,
Total Wireless will generate an unlock code for you. To activate your phone, simply insert a third-party SIM card and then enter the unlock code to unlock your phone.
After you get the notification that your iPhone is unlocked by Total Wireless, just insert a new SIM card and enjoy!
Unlock Total Wireless Phones Requirements:
- Customers must have activated their locked device for the Total Wireless service for at least 12 months, redeemed airtime cards in at least 12 months, and their phone number must not be recycled or transferred.
- Customers must request this interim unlock solution while their service is active or within 60 days of the end of their active service days. This 60-day grace period applies even if the customer’s phone number has been reused or transferred.
- Customers must currently own a Total Wireless/TracFone branded cell phone model introduced after February 11, 2014, for Total Wireless service or activated with Total Wireless service after February 11, 2015.
- Customers must have a working handset.
- Customers must own a handset that has not been reported as stolen, lost, or associated with fraudulent activity.
- Customers are only entitled to unlock once every 12 months.
- Customers must request handset unlocking.
Conclusion on How To Unlock Total Wireless Phones
In conclusion, it has been made clear now that it is possible to unlock Total Wireless Phone before 60 days, as long as it meets the unlocking requirements.
And make sure you carefully go though the post so as not to miss out on any crucial information concerning how to unlock Total Wireless phone before 60 days.
So with the information given above, one shouldn’t have any problem unlocking one’s Total Wireless Phone.
Be sure to share this post with your friends and family.
Robomin is a freelance writer and blogger who covers topics related to Account Creation, gadgets, Refunds, and how to delete An Account. He has a passion for new and innovative technology and enjoys sharing his knowledge with others