Tor browser has been experiencing rapid growth these days, and its popularity has only experienced an upward trend. It was originally developed by the US Naval Research Lab in the 1990s. And it was created to allow government officials to communicate anonymously and securely.
But nowadays, most people tend to use the Tor browser mainly because it gives them the freedom to keep their privacy and anonymity on the internet.
What Is Tor?
Many might know Tor for what it is commonly said to be. But what is Tor?
Tor is a short form/name for the Onion Promoting project. Tor is an open-source privacy network that allows unidentified web browsing. Tor uses secure, encrypted procedures to guarantee that users’ online privacy is concerned.
Tor users’ digital data and communications are shielded using a layered approach that resembles the nested layers of an onion.
And as said earlier in the post, the Tor technology was initially developed and exclusively used by the U.S. Navy to protect susceptible government communications.
The network was later made available to the public as an open-source platform, meaning that Tor’s source code is available to everyone.
Uses Of Tor
Tor are used for different things by different people. Below are some of the uses of Tor.
- Government agencies: Tor can protect and securely share sensitive government information.
- For-profit enterprises: Tor is also used by companies, they benefit from increased data privacy and security.
- Illicit organizations: Criminals sometimes use Tor to shield their online activity.
- Private individuals: Tor can be used by anyone wishing for more online privacy and better cybersecurity can benefit from the Tor browser.
- Search by typing in “about:config” in the Tor browser.
- The second step is to click on the “Accept the risk and continue” button.
This particular method is actually the easiest of all, mainly because it doesn’t require any complicated steps, so it should be easy for a armature to do this by following the steps.
- Firstly you open the Tor settings menu are the right corner of the browser
- Then select “Preferences”
- Secondly, You click on “privacy and security”
- You are to scroll all the way down to find the security level settings).
- After installing, you click on “Add to Firefox”
- To switch between the two states you just have to click on this button.
In conclusion, It is important to note that before you run the Tor browser, you should change your original IP address using a VPN like; nord vpn, express vpn, etc, to prevent potential vulnerabilities on Tor.
And makes sure to follow through with the steps provided above in the post, and by doing that even a novice/ a computer illiterates can execute such task and come out with the right results.
make sure you pay attention to the details in the post so as to get acquainted with the necessary information.
Be sure to share this post with friends and family.
Robomin is a freelance writer and blogger who covers topics related to Account Creation, gadgets, Refunds, and how to delete An Account. He has a passion for new and innovative technology and enjoys sharing his knowledge with others