AT&T stands for American Telephone & Telegraph Company. It is an American multinational telecom giant based in Delaware, but its headquarters are in Dallas, Texas.
The company was established in the year 1875 as Bell Telephone Company by Alexander Graham Bell, Gardiner Greene Hubbard, and Thomas Watson after Graham Bell patented the telephone. It is the largest telecommunication company in the world.
In the 20th century, it had monopolized the U.S. telecom sector and remains the largest company in the country with a huge customer base. Out of millions of customers, many want to know how the AT&T SIM functions and the different methods to check their balance.
There are 3 ways to check the prepaid balance in it, and they are:
- USSD codes
- MyAT&T mobile app
- Official website
How to check balance in AT&T SIM card
1. Check Balance Using USSD Codes
USSD codes are known as quick codes. It is a very convenient and fast way to receive account updates directly on your phone without the requirement of an Internet connection or mobile application.
To clarify, once you dial the specific code, you receive free SMS containing information about your balance. Some important star codes for AT&T for English and Spanish-speaking users are:
- *729 or *PAY (English) and*72427 or *PAGAR (Spanish) : To make complete or partial payment including any overdue amount.
- *3282# or *DATA# (English) and *3286# or *DATO# (Spanish) : To check your data and SMS balance.
- *646# or *MIN# (English) and *876# or *USO# (Spanish) : To check your remaining calling minutes.
- *225# or *BAL# (English) and *725# or *SAL# (Spanish) : To check your main balance.
- *639# or *NEW# (English and Spanish) : To check upgrade eligibility.
- *6737# or *ORDR# (English and Spanish) : To check order status.
Note. The aforementioned USSD codes will work only if your device is capable of sending and receiving SMS and your SIM card is activated.
2. Check Balance Via my AT&T App
my AT&T app is the official app designed by the company to allow its customers access to account information at their fingertips, anywhere and anytime, using their smartphones and tablets.
The subscribers can follow the simple steps below to learn how to get this app and use it:
- Using your smartphone or tablet, visit the my AT&T (“https://www.att.com/myattapp”).
- Tip. You can also send a text and get this app. Just type MYATT in the message box and send it to 556699 from any smartphone/tablet. After that, you will receive the link to download the app.
- Sign in with your AT&T user ID or phone number and password. If you haven’t created the ID and password, then sign up.
- After you sign in, you will see a Dashboard with your account information like main balance and its expiry date, data balance and its expiration, data usage until now, calling minutes, SMS balance, etc.
- Tap on the Account History option in the menu bar. Then you can see your data, talk and text usage details along with add-on charges and payments on your screen.
- While there, select the date range for which you want to know your usage. Date range can’t be more than 30 days.
- Now in the History Type option, select the type of data you want to know about.
- Tap the Submit button or tap the Export to PDF button to get your account information in detail.
The app supports both Android and iOS. Fetching the current balance information in the application without the Internet isn’t possible.
3. Check Balance on the Official Website of AT&T
Managing your AT&T account is very simple using AT&T’s official website, accessible through your smartphone, tablet, PC, or laptop. It’s intended for subscribers who don’t want to download and keep the app on their devices. The steps below will help to check your balance using the website.
- Visit the official website (“https://www.att.com”).
- Log in with your user ID and password.
- After that, click on the Account Overview option.
- A dashboard will appear showing your total balance, internet data balance, etc.
Check Postpaid Bill Due Amount
In AT&T postpaid, your bill’s due date is the same every month. You should pay the bill before or on the specified payment date. If there is a due balance from the previous bill, a late payment charge will apply. To check the due bill amount, follow these steps.
- Head over to the official website again.
- Sign in using your user ID and password.
- Go to the Billing & Payments option.
- There you will find your total due bill amount and the due date to do pay it off.
Checking AT&T SIM balance is also possible by calling 800-288-2020. Do the following afterward:
- Follow the instructions to confirm your account.
- After that, follow the voice command and say Bill Balance.
- To verify your account, give the last 4 digits of the account holder’s Social Security number or PIN (Personal Identification Number).
Conclusion on How To Check Balance On AT&T
In conclusion, the above information concerning How To Check Balance On AT&T is comprehensive enough for anyone even a newbie. Now make sure to go through the steps provided in this post, and you will surely come out with the desired result.
Additionally, it is important to carefully follow through with the information above to come up with the desired result.
Be sure to share this post with friends and family.
Robomin is a freelance writer and blogger who covers topics related to Account Creation, gadgets, Refunds, and how to delete An Account. He has a passion for new and innovative technology and enjoys sharing his knowledge with others